Stonehaven Harbour

Toggle location map

Stonehaven Harbour was first built prior to 1607 but was destroyed by storms.

It was repaired and again destroyed by storms. In 1678 it was built more robustly but this too broke up under the force of the North Sea.

A new plan was drawn up in 1825 by Robert Stevenson and the Harbour works were constructed successfully. The Harbour was handed over to Stonehaven Town Council in 1962.

This is the largest of the recreational harbours in Aberdeenshire and has three basins extending to 18,200 square metres and 550 metres of berthing space on the quays. There are also additional mooring chains in the inner harbour.

There are almost 140 regular moorings fully occupied and a waiting list for vacancies.

There is no longer a Fish Market at Stonehaven and it is now more of a recreational harbour but it is still used by several fishing boats in the 50-foot class.

Services available include water and power points on the quays, a concrete slipway and a 1.5 tonne crane on the fish jetty. Under certain storm conditions only the inner basin is suitable for berthing and priority is given to local fishing boats.

There are over 50 berths in the inner basin and it can be protected by a heavy steel boom.

  • Facilities
    • Child Friendly
    • Parking
    • Public Transport

You Might Also Like

x

Go to itinerary