My September festivals round-up
14 August 2017
Our busiest Aberdeen Festival month is almost upon us and as we countdown to our three festivals of September I’m sharing with you my top tips and things not to miss this year:
TechFest, 26 August-25 September 2017
This one comes in two parts! Get hands on with science at TechFest’s activity weekend from 26-27 August 2017 or explore the science behind everyday life from 11-25 September! This programme includes some of the quirkiest events in town including making a 3D selfie, finding out why mathematics might mean we don’t have boyfriends and the horrible history show!
My TechFest top tips:
- Know what else is on – The Braemar Gathering, Aberdeen Art Fair and Jane Eyre
- Plan where to stay – Skene House Apartment Hotels, Carmelite or Atholl Hotel
- Grab a great bite to eat – Rye & Soda, The Pier or Fusion
- Enjoy an after-festival tipple – Six Degrees North, Orchid or Ma Camerons
True North, 7-10 September 2017
It’s Aberdeen’s largest celebration of the singer songwriter tradition and True North is back with another incredible line-up from 7-10 September 2017. Arab Strap, Dutch Uncles, Public Service Broadcasting and Wild Beast, will all join the line-up with headline ‘Rumours’ concert celebrating the best of Fleetwood Mac.
My True North top tips:
- Know what else is on – Hidden Aberdeen Tours, Thistle Street Food Market and Etape Royale
- Plan where to stay - Copthorne, Aberdeen Douglas Hotel or Aberdeen Altens Hotel
- Grab a great bite to eat – 1906, Foodstory or Moonfish
- Enjoy an after-festival tipple – Tippling House, McGinty’s or 99 Bar & Kitchen
NEOS , 9-17 September 2017
Meet 223 artists, makers and designers as they open up their studio doors to the public from 9-17 September 2017. North East Open Studios (NEOS) is one of the biggest open studio events and if you follow the dedicated artist trail map you will pack in plenty!
My NEOS top tips:
- Know what else is on – Fyvie Live, The Steamie and Doors Open Day Aberdeenshire
- Plan where to stay – The Marcliffe Hotel & Spa, Meldrum House Country Hotel or Banchory Lodge
- Grab a great bite to eat – Eat on the Green, Yatai or The Lodge on the Loch
- Enjoy an after-festival tipple – No.1, The Boat Inn or Harbour Bar
These are just some of my top tips, I recommend planning your trip depending on where you are staying and which festival events you are going to. To help plan your trip make use of the VisitAberdeenshire ‘MY ABDN’ itinerary planner at www.visitabdn.com/myabdn.