Just Start Here
The Anatomy Rooms
The National Theatre of Scotland present a two-day festival with work-in-progress performances, dance and music through to cross art form experimentation, provocative talks, discussions and debates on the future of the arts and activism.
A celebration, a party and a unique chance to see the artists and theatre-makers of today in the here and now, Just Start Here is the beginning of something. A two day festival hosted in Aberdeen, come and witness this creative playground for Scottish artists.
The core of Just Start Here is bold live presentation of fresh ideas – from work-in-progress performances, dance and music through to cross art form experimentation, provocative talks, discussions and debates on the future of the arts and activism.
How did we get here? And where are we heading next? Just Start Here invites you to join the journey.
Friday 8 March, 4.00pm – 7.30pm
-In Conversation: Music at the Intersection – with Kathryn Joseph
- Performance: 5 Minutes to Move Me with Ashanti Harris– //BUZZCUT//
- Chow and Chat: What’s next for performance in Aberdeen? – //BUZZCUT//
Friday 8 March, 7.30pm – 11.00pm
- Performance: One Day to Play sharings– Curated by Speakin’ Weird and Citymoves and directed by Jenny Lindsay.
- Performance: The Shelter– Kate Steenhauer, Shane Strachan and Ross Whyte
- Performance: Sketches – Choreographed by Katie Armstrong and performed by Millie Thomas, Olivia Roach and Katie Armstrong.
Saturday 9 March, 4.00pm – 7.30pm
- Workshop: With Fiercer Urgency – Dr Leslie Mabon, more to be announced
- Performance: 5 Minutes to Move Me with Brian Keeley – //BUZZCUT//
- Chow and Chat: Presence and the Outside In – The Stove Network
Saturday 9 March, 7.30pm – 11.00pm
- Performance: Now / Apathy / Action sharing– Fiona Soe Paing and Jo Gilbert
- Performance: The Afflicted– Created by Vicki Manderson and Finn den Hertog, playwright Jake Jeppson and Sound and Video Designer Lewis den Hertog
- Performance: WHɎTE