Four Day Experimental Machine Knitting
Gray's School of Art
The Robert Gordon University
Learn the ins and outs of experimental machine knitting at this four-day course, led by a textile designer.
Learn the art of experimental machine knitting with an experienced tutor on hand.
Spend four days at Gray's School of Art learning new techniques that will enhance and inspire your knitting practice.
Learn practical hints and tips from an experienced textile designer and create swatches that further develop your knitting repertoire You will learn:
• E-wrap cast on and off.
• Explore changing tension, yarn thicknesses and colour.
• Machine knitting cords, ladders, fringes, lace and button holes.
• Latching up techniques, basic increasing and decreasing.
• Cables, different hems and hand latched up ribs.
• Partial knitting, points, pleats and lace.
• Manual weaving, sequins, beads, combining fabric with knit
• 3D hooked on ripples, Basic French knots
You will hand select your own designs and then consolidate everything you've learned to create exciting exploritory swatches
You will build a wealth of experience from investigating knitting technniques that will advance and develop you next individual knitting projects.