St Donan's Church, Auchterless
The old Parish Church of Auchterless, dedicated to St Donan, was originally built in the 16th Century and rebuilt in the late 18th Century. A new aisle was added in 1830, but the church was replaced in the late 19th Century when a new church was built to the south. The west gable is topped by an elaborate finialled birdcage bellcote housing a bell dated 1644 made by Dutch bell maker Peter Jansen, and has decorative skewputts one of which is inscribed "M A R". The church is built of granite rubble, with red sandstone around the openings. Sections of the north and east walls survive with attached memorial plaques. Alongside the ruined church is the Duff of Hatton mausoleum (dated 1877) which may have incorporated stones from the church in its construction.
Limited roadside parking.