Longside Old Parish Church

Toggle location map

Longside Old Parish Church was built 1619-20, altered in the late 17th and early 18th Centuries, and has been roofless since the 19th Century. It is a simple rectangular plan with a fine birdcage bellcote atop the west gable. The sandstone bellcote is decorated with the coats of arms of the Sibbald and Bruce families. Elsewhere, the Keith and Cheyne families are commemorated on carved skewputts.

Several blocked windows and doorways can be seen, illustrating how the church has been altered during its lifetime. On the south wall is an early 18th Century memorial featuring several memento mori carvings. There is also a rare lychgate at the west dated 1705, but possibly of earlier date. 

On street parking available.

  • Opening Times
    Open All Year