World Horse Welfare, Belwade Farm
Visit World Horse Welfare Belwade Farm's to find out more about the work we do. We have a fantastic visitor centre with conference facilities and Bistro. We are conveniently located just off the A93 between Banchory and Aboyne . The Farm is situated in a peaceful setting, boasting spectacular views from the Bistro of the surrounding Deeside area. We welcome visitors to come along and explore the farm and meet some of the horses and ponies in our care. Belwade Farm is a fantastic day out for the whole family with plenty to see and do. Have a look around the visitors centre and learn all about World Horse Welfare's work at Belwade Farm, the rest of the UK and our training programs abroad.
- Participate in our NEW BELWADE FARM VISITOR EXPERIENCE'S between Wednesday and Sunday.
- Our farm quiz is available all year round. It is a great way to learn a little bit more about horses in general. We have lots of interesting facts on our information boards around the farm which will help you answer all the questions.
- Our Magical Woodland is open from May till October. You can take a stroll with the children through the wood and see what signs of Fairy life you can spot along the way. Remember to look all around up high you may be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the fairies in the tree tops going about their work and down low you may see fairy houses and gardens.
- You can pick up your farm map from the visitors centre and take time to go on one of our farm walks. Keep your eyes open for our non-horsey residents as you walk which include Buzzards, Deer, Kite and Squirrels.
- Gift shop has many lovely items available to purchase. These include our range of branded clothing, books, cards, toys and gifts.
- Second Hand Tack and equipment shop is open for you to have a look through during normal opening hours.
- Geocaching has become very popular here at Belwade Farm. We are part of the Deeside Geotour and we also have our own mini circuit consisting of 4 caches.
- Within the centre itself we have an invisible horse trail. We have hidden 10 (invisible) horses around the centre and the aim is for you to find them all and make them visible again.
World Horse Welfare (Registered charity no: 206658 and SC038384) is a charity dedicated to giving abused and neglected horses a second chance in life.
Our chef is passionate about food and prides himself in using the finest local produce and suppliers where possible. Our dedicated Bistro team will make you very welcome during your visit and whether it’s a freshly brewed coffee and tasty homemade cake or a three course meal we are sure that you will enjoy your time with us in the Bistro.