Little Treasures Toy and Dollhouse Museum
A magnificent collection of thousands of vintage and modern toys, and miniatures, and hundreds of dolls houses, displayed in a beautiful, light space in the former Methodist church in Banff.
- Revisit favourite toys and games – and make some new favourites!
- Learn about childhood in the past and the fascinating stories behind toys and dolls houses
- Admire the intricate and creative work of miniaturists and model-makers, from local to international
- Appreciate special, regularly changing, in-depth displays
- Wander the museum at your own pace to take in the scale and scope of the collection
- Browse the unique selection of goods in the shop
The museum is packed with exhibits, from toy cars to Barbies to vintage tinplate to elements of a Victorian childhood. And so much more – including a Shirley Temple doll! Visitors can learn more about familiar toys, explore new areas, or simply take a trip down memory lane to their own childhood, however long ago or recent.
The museum welcomes coach trips and school visits, and offers personalised talks fitting in with the current curriculum.
The museum has a party room with a kitchen for group, meeting and party hire, and can include time in the museum if required.
The museum shop sells miniatures, doll house items, crafts and collectables.
A rolling system of temporary exhibitions is planned, starting with one on Tri-Ang Toys.