10 reasons to visit Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire for food and drink
18 May 2017
Get a taste for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire with the fantastic foodie events and festivals coming up!
1. Drink! Aberdeen returns on the 22nd – 25th May! With a number of events which really will make you a pro at parties and guarantee a good time, of course!
2. The following weekend sees the return of the Whisky Mash Festival! Meet over 30 exhibitors from the well-established to new independent bottlers. Enjoy exclusive tastings and masterclasses with the producers!
3. Enjoy a whisky club like no other at the Tor Na Coille Whisky Club; this event promises to be nothing like your father’s whisky tasting with no corduroy or chin-stroking, but plenty of malts, knowledge and stunning views of Royal Deeside! (shame about the corduroy though, that rules out my event outfit ;))
4. And if whisky isn't your thing, perhaps you prefer the sound of the Aberdeen Vegan Festival! The new kid on the block is certainly generating some excitement in the region, with hopes to be one of the largest events of its kind in the UK!
5. We have Open Farm Sundays at Deeside Activity Park and also at Ladymill and Castleton Fruit to get the full experience of our local produce.
6. Returning to the foodie event circuit this year, Taste of Grampian is sure to be a hit; the annual one-day food event is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. Sample our local delights from fields to shore – enjoying mouth-watering roast beef, fresh salmon and creamy confectionery. Don't miss the Mart Fest, new to the event this year, the festival after party keeps the celebration going on into the evening with craft brewers, musicians and street food! We can't wait to see singer, songwriter Sandi Thom to headline Mart Fest!
7. The Midsummer Beer Happening kicks off mid-June with 140 different beers on offer and a food offering including award-winning fish and chips, burgers and ice cream.
8. Launching this year, we are very excited to meet another newcomer, Aberdeen Gin Fest, for those who are established lovers of gin or those who are looking to find out what the fuss is all about. Enjoy demonstrations from gin producers, live music and great local food!
9. The Johnshaven Fish Festival is no slippery catch, though we’re sure you’ll be sampling the freshest of fish on the day whilst enjoying entertainment from local musicians and pipe bands. Such a perfect excuse to visit the Aberdeenshire Coast!
10. And if finding out more about where our local produce comes from is your ideal day out when visiting somewhere new, make sure to take note of Turriff Show in your diary. The two-day agricultural event promises an inside look into our farming heritage and the chance to sample some delicious produce at the Food Fayre.